Zurich Department for Old Age
Information and advice on age-related issues
If you are interested in becoming part of MeinQuartier.Zuerich with your association or institution, register your organization here.
We are looking forward to your contact! The platform is a pilot project of the City of Zurich and is gradually being improved and expanded based on feedback. Thank you very much for your understanding, if not everything is going perfectly!
Kurzberatung vor Ort ohne Anmeldung
Die Fachstelle Zürich im Alter bietet an den Standorten Klus Park, Wipkingen und Oerlikon/Seebach ein Walk-in Angebot an. Zu den aufgeführten Öffnungszeiten beantworten Mitarbeitende kostenlos und ohne Anmeldung Fragen rund ums Alter. Für Hausbesuche und Anmeldungen für ein Gesundheitszentrum für das Alter bitten wir um eine Terminvereinbarung unter Telefon 044 412 11 22.
About this assembly
The services offered by the Zurich Office for the Elderly include general telephone information as well as in-depth information and advice.
The offer is aimed at older people in the city of Zurich and their relatives.
Informationand advice on questions relating to old age
The Zurich Centre for Old Age provides information and advice on all questions relating to old age. Be it housing, support at home, health, activity & engagement or administration, finance and law: Get to know the numerous offers for older people on the Zurich square and choose the one that suits you best. We are happy to support you in this.
Let us advise you by phone or arrange a personal appointment at one of our locations. The consultations are confidential and free of charge.
Would you like to stay in your home for as long as possible and do something for your health? A nurse with experience in health promotion will be happy to advise you on the phone or at your home. Together we will discuss your current situation and show you ways in which you can shape your personal life situation based on your possibilities. If necessary, we cooperate with other specialist agencies.
- Self-determined coping with everyday life
- Fall prevention and exercise
- Nutrition in old age
- Dealing with chronic illness
- Shaping the social environment
- Family caregivers and much more
Who is the offer aimed at?
The offer is aimed at all residents of the city of Zurich aged 65 and over who have questions about their well-being, be it of a health, social or financial nature, and would like advice and support.
The Zurich Department for Old Age is the official registration office for the city's health centres and for the apartments of the Foundation for Retirement Homes of the City of Zurich (SAW).
- The Health Centres for the Elderly – created from the merger of the former retirement centres and care centres – are open to all residents of the city of Zurich, regardless of their financial situation.
- The apartments of the SAW will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Since several thousand people have already registered for a SAW apartment, a long waiting time must be expected. With the registration, there is no guarantee that you will receive a SAW retirement apartment. In autumn 2024, the previous registration procedure is expected to be replaced by a new procedure. Assistance in finding accommodation We will give you useful tips, prepare an application dossier for you, help you find accommodation online and have information sheets and lists of housing providers. We do not broker apartments.
This service is aimed at AHV pensioners in the City of Zurich.
The city's website "Zurich in old age" provides an overview of the services available to older people in the city of Zurich. The internet platform is particularly helpful in the search for age-friendly housing, as it provides access to the municipal, private and non-profit housing offered by retirement and nursing homes as well as apartments for the elderly in the city of Zurich. A digital housing advisor also shows which factors are important when choosing the type of housing.