What data does the platform store about me?
The data can be divided into two types:
- Your personal data: This data includes your personal information, such as your email address or password. This data is stored in encrypted form. Passwords can never be seen from the outside.
- Your generated content: This data includes all data that you generate through your use of the platform. This includes, for example, your ideas, your votes or your comments.
You can view what data the platform stores from you at any time by exporting all your generated content. Thus, you can download all information related to your activity on this platform (example: your comments and your publications). Your profile information (e.g. password) is stored encrypted and cannot be downloaded.
How I download my data:
- Log in to the platform.
- Click on your name in the top right menu and select «Settings».
- Click on «My data».
- Click on «Request data».
- The platform confirms that it has been sent to you by e-mail.
6. Open the email attachment after receiving it.
7. The associated .ZIP file is heavily encrypted and can only be loaded with open source unpacking software. You will need 7-Zip (for Windows), Keka (for macOS) or PeaZip (for Linux) to open the
file. Enter the password included in the email to open the file.
Now you can open all data with a table processing tool (e.g. Excel).